Friday, March 18, 2011

PlanetSide

On PlanetSide, I was responsible for a slew of vehicular mount and dismount animations, character locomotion, as well as 1st person weapon animations. In this quick reel, I've chosen to show a few mount and dismount animations that I have personally created. Key things to keep in mind are as follows:

- 32 Joint Limit
- 2 Joint Maximum Influences
- All mount/dismount animations have 90 frame limit.

While I was on PlanetSide, I remodeled the VS Lite on the side to see if we could make it pop a little more. I also wanted to see if I could push it towards something more cinematic and this is the end result

Soldier Motion Test from Niraj Desai on Vimeo.
.
This was the animation test I had to pass in order to get a job at SOE. It involved an armless bipedal character that needed to get into the gunner's seat...within 90 frames. It was originally located outside near the trunk, but I thought it would be funnier if he started in the driver's seat!

PlanetSide Test from Niraj Desai on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment